My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am part of the music teams in both church and in my youth group's. I work and live on my own,... wooo!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dear Reader Letter

Dear Reader,

It's amazing how life can change in an instant. How all of a sudden the boat of life can suddenly rock violently back and forth. Surviving this quarter would be a miracle in itself. Even having passing grades! As I look back on this quarter, and English 97 was actually a great experience. All the invincibility I thought I had became nothing. After having the flu, working at a real job, and having to move out on my own makes the false quality of myself exposed. This quarter and English 97 showed me that I can not give up, even when life tries to throw mud pies at you.

At the beginning of this quarter, I thought that it was going to be easy. If life didn't play unfair, it just might have been. Yes college is hard, but it certainly would have been a lot easier to maintain my GPA. Sure I felt invincible, but I also was just not prepared for life. After having the flu, and almost getting pnmonia has taught me that I need to take better care of myself. When I came back to school, it was a struggle and still is.

This last quarter in English 97, besides the latest obstacles, has been a great experience for me. It, strangely enough, was an out-let for me when I could not find the words to speak. I was able to write what I felt on paper. I am really happy with the choices I have made to put in my E-portfolio. It shows my progress that I have made, shows my voice, and even the range of types of writing I can do. The whole experience in this quarter has taught me that I can't procrastinate and I need to be aware of my needs, health, and speak to the teacher when I desperately need to. I have realized that I can not give up.

As I wrote each assignment, I was able to see life in a different way. English in the past, was never my strongest subject. I was able to talk about the things I truly cared about, and I actually learned something. The pieces that I have chosen reflect life and things that go with it, and hopefully you will enjoy them. I feel that English 97 has fully prepared me for the schooling to come. It has showed me confidence I never knew I had.

I suppose my point in all this is to show that anyone can overcome life's mud pies. Whether it may be coming back to school after years of avoidance, becoming a functional adult, or beginning to realize that your human and you should never give up you can do it! Don't just give up to any struggle (I think I'm trying to convince myself this, too. I can't give up.). Life may change in an instant, but you can curtianly push on forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home